Are you facing network issues with your Orbi Pro SXK50 mesh WiFi system? Well, we can understand! It might be stalling your various online activities. In light of the same thing, we have penned down this blog where we will provide you with various tactics that can be used to get the network issue resolved. But, before anything else, we suggest taking a minor step of power cycling the entire mesh network. The reason is that the network gets unstable when a technical glitch has overtaken the mesh system’s ability to perform optimally. Do you know how to power cycle the Orbi network? Take the help of the steps provided in the next section.
Power Cycle Orbi Pro SXK50 to Fix Network Issues
To power cycle your Orbi Pro network, you are required to keep it powered down for 10-15 minutes. But, the process is required to be executed in a particular sequence. What’s that sequence? Read the points given below to know.
- Firstly, power down the Orbi router and unplug its power adapter from its socket.
- The next turn is off the Satellite 1.
- Now, power down the Satellite 2.
- In case you’ve established an Ethernet backhaul connection between your router and satellites, disengage it.
- Waiting is suggested!
- You are now required to power up the Orbi units in the same manner as you powered them down.
Once your Orbi network gets power cycled, check whether you are still getting Orbi Pro SXK50 network errors. If you are, then moving to the next section and implementing the tips given there is the only thing you are suggested to do.
Fixed: Netgear Orbi Pro SXK50 Network Unstable
- Update the Firmware: How often do you update the firmware of your Orbi router? Regularly? Well, that’s a good thing. But, what about its satellites? Don’t you know that Orbi satellites also need to be upgraded timely so that you can make the most of your home network? But, as you know now, the time to go about the process has also come. Simply, launch an internet browser on a device connected to your Orbi pro network and access orbilogin.net. After entering the login details, find the Firmware Update option under the Maintenance section and check if a new firmware version is available for satellites. If yes, then update the firmware right away.
- Take Care of Networking Hardware Distance: The next thing you are required to do is pay some attention to the networking hardware present in your house. By this, we are not only talking about Orbi Pro SXK50 mesh system units but also about other WiFi gadgets like network switches and modems. Know that if the distance between all these devices, especially between the Orbi router and modem is too much, they won’t be able to communicate and network errors will occur. Therefore, try to bring them closer if possible. However, you are not suggested to make this distance zero. Otherwise, the signals of the Orbi Pro router and modem will clash. The same thing applies to other networking hardware.
In case mending the distance and upgrading the firmware fail to change your fate, you are advised to go for a factory default reset. It will not only fix network issues but also other major and minor issues that are affecting your mesh system’s ability to work well. Check out the next section to learn about the reset process of Orbi mesh WiFi.
How to Reset Orbi Pro SXK50 Mesh System?
The reset process is a simple process and does not require you to get hold of a Ph. D. degree. However, the only thing you need to hold will be a paper clip or a similar object. Refer to the below-given instructions to know its use in the reset process.
- Be certain that your Orbi Pro router is connected to an up-and-running wall socket.
- Now, check all sides of the router and locate the button labeled Reset.
- Time to use the sharp object (a paper clip or similar one)!
- Press the button and hold it for 10 seconds.
- Ta-da! Your Netgear Orbi pro router has been reset.
These are the instructions that can help you perform a factory default reset on the pro router. The steps will remain the same in the case of the Orbi satellites. But, do not forget to sync them to the router again and perform the Orbi setup from scratch.
All Things Considered
Getting stability issues with the Orbi Pro SXK50 WiFi network has become a common thing these days. Since you have learned how to address the issue, we are expecting that you will be able to make your mesh network perform exceptionally once again.