Netgear Nighthawk AX5 AX4200 is a WiFi router model, which is distributed by Netgear brand. A router uses to provide internet services by transforming the physical internet signals of the modem to the WiFi signals. So, it’s important to set up a brand new WiFi router correctly. In below paragraphs, you will learn how to setup and log in to the Netgear router via several methods.
Setting Up the Netgear AX5 AX4200 WiFi Router
To set up a router, first you have to unbox it. In the box, you’ll find a router, four antennas, a power cable, an Ethernet cable, and user manual guide. Uncap the antennas and attach them to the router. Now, place the WiFi router into the center of the area, where the computers and internet devices operates in your house. Always remember, don’t place the router near home security systems, microwave ovens and cordless phones. Also, place the router away from the metal surfaces. When the placing is done, you have to connect the router with modem.
Connect Router with Modem
To make the connection with the modem, use network cable (Ethernet cable) which comes with the WiFi. To make the connection, connect one end of the network cable into the WAN or internet port of the router and connect other one into the LAN port of the modem. Then turn on the modem first and then the router. After the connection, you must log in to the interface of the Nighthawk AX5 AX4200 router.
Log in to the Router Via desktop
To log into the router’s interface, you have to connect the computer or desktop to the router with the help of the Ethernet. Now, follow some easy steps to reach the login page.
- After the connection, open any web browser in the desktop and click on the address bar of the browser.
- Type the login URL, that is www.routerlogin.net and search it.
- This action will take you to the login page of router, where you must enter the username and the password. Just use the default user manual that comes with the WiFi router. Press the Enter key.
- Pressing Enter key will take you to the main dashboard of the web interface of WiFi router. Now, you can change the password of the admin and configure the settings or networks.
The process of log in to the Nighthawk AX5 AX4200 WiFi router is straight forward and simple. But, sometimes small errors occur while logging in. So, you should go through some of the troubleshooting tips as well.
Tips to Troubleshoot Major Error
Sometimes users face technical errors while logging into the Nighthawk AX5 AX4200 router. See some of the troubleshoot tips written below.
- Always check the Ethernet cable, if it is damaged then replace it with a new one.
- Don’t forget to check that the computer is connected to the network of the router.
- Ensure that the web browser you are using is up to date.
- Clear the cookies and cache from the internet browser that you are using.
- Disable the antivirus of the computer and pop-blocker of the browser as well.
- At last, if www.routerlogin is not working then use IP address 192.168.1.1
These are some of the solving tips while you are setting up a brand new Nighthawk AX4200. Also, you can login and set up your WiFi router via an application from your smartphone or iPhone. Below are some of the paragraphs that’ll give you information regarding logging via Nighthawk app.
Logging in Via Nighthawk app
You can login using your smartphone or iPhone via Nighthawk application. Just follow some of the simple steps written below.
Step1: Firstly, you have to connect your device to the WiFi router.
Step2: Then open or launch play store in your phone or app store app if you using iPhone.
Step3: Type Netgear Nighthawk app in the search bar of the play store and search it.
Step4: Now, you will see an app on the screen named Nighthawk. Simply download it on your phone.
Step5: Install the application in your device and launch it.
Step6: The app will ask you to fill some user details. Just type the username and password using the user manual.
After completing all these steps, you’ll reach the dashboard of the router. Here you can change the password with answering some security questions and manage the settings of the router.
In this article, we’ve explored the setup and login process of the Netgear Nighthawk AX5 AX4200 WiFi router. As you can see in whole guide above, the setup is very easy and straight forward. Also, it’s important that you read the user manual of the router once.