Many people are paying attention to the newcomer in the market for WiFi devices, the Orbi 850. This device covers up to 350 m2 with blazing-fast, reliable WiFi with speeds of up to 6Gbps for over 100 devices. This means that you can stream, browse, and work uninterrupted in every room of your home.
In this piece, we’ve outlined detailed instructions for installing and using the Orbi 850 Mesh WiFi system. Let’s not waste any more time and get the Orbi 850 set up.
Steps to Configure Netgear Orbi 850 Mesh WiFi System
With the Orbi 850, users have the option of utilizing either the manual setup process or the accompanying mobile app to get their routers up and running. If you want to get your device up and running without any fuss, check out the manual technique.
Configure Orbi 850 Router via Manual Method
Take your new Orbi 850 router out of the packaging and set it up in a convenient location in your house. Make sure your modem is set up and ready to go before beginning the setup procedure. Once done, follow these steps:
- Connect the Orbi 850 to power and plug it in close to your router.
- When you’re finished, check the packaging for an Ethernet cable.
- Tighten the connection between the modem and the Orbi 850 router.
- Now, use a web browser and go to orbilogin.com on your PC.
- You will next be prompted to enter your Orbi Mesh login information.
- To access your Orbi 850 router, just enter your default login information.
- Press the Log In button.
- The Orbi 850 installation wizard will then appear.
- Upon entering the dashboard, follow the steps given on-screen to setup Orbi 850.
Connect the Netgear Orbi Devices
- Keep your Orbi 850 satellite (RBS850) within range of your WiFi router.
- To turn it on, plug the adaptor into a standard electrical socket.
- Your Orbi 850 satellite’s LEDs will begin blinking at some point.
- To synchronize both devices, press their respective Sync buttons.
- To set up an Ethernet connection between the Orbi 850 router and the Orbi satellite, just plug one end of an Ethernet cable into a port on the router and the other end into the corresponding port on the satellite. That’s how you’ll be able to connect all the devices in your house so that everyone may use the internet.
What is Next?
The Orbi 850 WiFi Mesh system has a few kinks that need ironing out during the setup process for certain users. Check out the points below for guidance if you’re having trouble with the device setup.
Top Hacks to Troubleshoot Your Orbi 850 Setup Issues
- The first piece of advice is to always utilize a functional Ethernet cable when connecting devices. You should think about changing the cable if you see any signs of wear and tear. Consider the LED light status while setting up your wireless connections in case you don’t have access to an extra cable.
- The second piece of advice is to only use the most recent version of a web browser while visiting the orbilogin.com domain. The setup procedure for the Orbi 850 might be hampered if an out-of-date web browser is used.
- The next piece of advice is to clear the area around your router and satellite from any obstacles. If you have an Orbi 850 router and satellite, it’s best to keep objects that might cause WiFi interference at a safe distance.
- Place the Orbi devices in a clear place, within sight of each other, and preferably atop something taller. Then, you won’t have any problems connecting to WiFi.
Now we’re going to wrap up this blog based on how to set up your Orbi 850. The post’s instructions were meant to help you get your Orbi WiFi Mesh system up and running quickly. Hope that is exactly what happened.